Monday 18 July 2011

Dairy-free Pancakes

I experimented with a few dairy-free pancake mixtures until I found the best one - so I thought I'd share it here. They are thick and fluffy, and extremely moreish, and I can honestly say that I enjoy them just as much as my previous efforts with cow's milk.

They are perfect with maple syrup and streaky bacon - both the 3-year-old and the 1-year-old love them and ask for them every weekend without fail. They also work with blueberries in them - scatter a handful of blueberries over the pancake before you flip it for the first time.

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour
1 cup soya milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk

Method

Whisk together until the batter is smooth, with no lumps. Cook in a griddle or frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil in it. Serves 2 hungry adults or 4 dieting ones.

Hints

They are best made straight after mixing the batter - if it is left to rest for longer than a few minutes it goes a bit grey and thick (although still tastes ok when cooked)

Recipe Evolution

I must credit this website here - the mixture I started with before tweaking it to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment